Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Where is the Snow?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Where is the Snow?
Original Message   Jan 18, 2005 2:02 pm
Has anyone been getting any significant snow besides Hickster in Alaska? Where is it?

If this keeps up much longer, deals on snowblowers are to be had.
Replies: 10 - 19 of 48Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
mrmom

Ho humm....
Reply #10   Jan 18, 2005 7:13 pm
Ever see the Maytag commercial with the old repairman sitting at his desk tapping his fingers waiting for a call/job? That's how I feel. The little Honda's been prepped and ready since November and yet nada! Oil's changed, everything's lubed, fresh stabilized gas, new coat of wax, parked by the garge door..... and yet.... where's the snow?

Last winter we had our first snowstorm (5 inches or so) here in central Jersey by the first weekend of December. Then just about 4 inches or more almost every weekend after. This winter's been a dusting to an inch here and there. Nothing to sink little red's teeth into. Come on!

And know what? I'm not looking for a piece of wood to knock on nor am I keeping my fingers crossed. Bring it on... d*mn it!!!! Enough already! Stop with the teasing!

Of course now that I just tuned into the weather channel, they are saying that there may a significant storm this weekend the way things are brewing at this point. Sweet!!!!

robmints

Re: Where is the Snow?
Reply #11   Jan 18, 2005 7:22 pm
I'm with you mrmom. Send it your way. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #12   Jan 18, 2005 7:24 pm
"""Ever see the Maytag commercial with the old repairman sitting at his desk tapping his fingers waiting for a call/job? That's how I feel."""

LOL, good mental picture.    
robmints

Reply #13   Jan 18, 2005 7:25 pm
Oh yeah mrmom,
Where you bean? We were worried sick. Your picture almost ended up on the side of a two stroke oil bottle.
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #14   Jan 18, 2005 7:39 pm
Usually be this time of year we have had at least a couple of big storms.  Not one yet this year.  Just 2-4 inchs of pure annoyance.  We almost had a green Christmas here.  Down in the valley they did.

I am going to have to do something unusual like daring it to snow or going na na na na na you can't get me LMAO.....

I am afraid to though because I have been spanked so bad in the past lol....

Marshall man you nailed it, those prices are dropping.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
mrmom

Reply #15   Jan 18, 2005 9:52 pm
robmints wrote:
Oh yeah mrmom,
Where you bean? We were worried sick. Your picture almost ended up on the side of a two stroke oil bottle.

Two stroke bottle of oil?  That's sacrilegious! Nothing but four stroke for me.

Just my luck... if I do get a stroke down the road (in about 25 years I hope) it'll be four limbs that are affected instead of two.. Either way, take me out back and shoot me...please!

Robmints, it's good to be missed. As long as I don't owe you any money. ;-)

faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #16   Jan 18, 2005 10:12 pm
Just got 24" of snow....................the next county up from us.  We only got a few inches of powder.
Those lake effect snows can be very selective around here.......one town gets dumped on, the next almost nothing.

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Termy

Reply #17   Jan 18, 2005 11:05 pm
Where is the snow? It was here long time ago lol.

hickster

Reply #18   Jan 18, 2005 11:48 pm
Actually, we're not getting that much so far this year.  Oh sure, everything is still white and snow covered, but not much in the way of new snow. It's been hovering between -10°f at night to 15°f or so during the day. I did use the blower this last weekend... to blast out a trail to get the trailer out. Loaded up the quads and went for a trail ride. I really wanted to by a sled but at this rate...

oh well, it's still early!

hickster

Weather outlook for the "Anchorage bowl"

Blower      HS928TA 
Mower      HRR216PDA 
Washer    Excell XR2700 (6.5 Honda-GX/AR-2700psi/3gpm) 
Trimmer   John Deere (Homelite clone)
Saw         Husky 141 

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #19   Jan 19, 2005 12:35 am
Wow Frank.  That's soo close to home for you.    We had a few dusting here and will be another this morning.  Then the weekend I hear will need a close eye watched upon it.  Let's hope for a foot.
This message was modified Jan 20, 2005 by AJace

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 10 - 19 of 48Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42