Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson DC31 Handheld cleaner

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson DC31 Handheld cleaner
Original Message   Jun 25, 2009 10:06 am
In the press today:-
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23711862-details/Dyson+with+more+revs+than+F1+racer/article.do

Product details:-

• Motor goes at 106,000rpm 'three times faster than any other motor'
  • 200 watt motor
  • 65/38 air watts (switchable power??)
  • £129.99 GBP RRP, powered brush version £149.99

I think the devil will be in the other details, as we learn them. Presumably it's using the Dyson Digital motor? From the photo, the collection bin looks slightly deeper and has a more prominent release switch. It has improved max suction (DC16 has 36 air watts) so I'm presuming (nay hoping) that it can run in standard mode for more than 5mins and switch to a 'turbo' mode as needed?

I have prefectly good DC16, but I could be tempted by something with a longer run time and twice the already impresive suction for car cleaning.

Replies: 89 - 98 of 340Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: Dyson DC31 Handheld cleaner
Reply #89   Aug 1, 2009 9:37 am
CarmineD wrote:
James Dyson has often said he will not hire engineers from competing companies.  And why should he?  DIB

*****************************************************************************************************************************

You know DIB, all companies say this.  It's the party line.  None practice it.  They all hire from their competition.  In fact it's viewed as a victory to hire away the competition's best and brightest.  James is no different.

Carmine D.

Carmine,

Why would he/they hire from a pool of innovative-inept?

DIB

DysonInventsBig

Reply #90   Aug 1, 2009 9:57 am
Venson wrote:
<BR> <BR>

My God, Severus what do you want? A practical machine? Something that might appear to be worth the money asked; tne price of a fairly decent straight suction canister vacuum? Those guys just don't think that way. They like hanging out on the lunatic about a pint-sized battery run machine that has what the whole world needs -- "cyclonics". I wish I was on whatever they're on.

Best,

Venson

DIB

Hello Venson and hello to your alter ego...  Severus.  Who you kiddin?

If you compare apples to apples (performance of cordless handhelds), NOTHING COMES CLOSE to the DC31/31's performance.  Forget about price, can you name cordless handheld that outperforms this vacuum?  And Dyson owns the world wide rights or he owns the world wide exclusive.  No other competitor can touch Dyson's weight to power, the patented DDM, the patented and best packaged (small) hi/low cyclonic’s no-clogging dust separators (the DC16 is a phenomenal filtering machine), the patented pistol grip.  Pistol grips are standards in the construction and DIY industry because it's the best place to hold onto to maneuver and point.

DIB
This message was modified Aug 1, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

HARDSELL

Reply #91   Aug 1, 2009 10:06 am
CarmineD wrote:
For $300, you're right!  Remember even in low suction mode it's approximate 10 minute time is shorter than the less expensive handhelds on the market today.  Sorry, doesn't get the prize except for highest price.

Carmine D.

Carmine, no argument when I think you are right.  This may be the 2nd time we have agreed.

I believe someone eluder to preferring a canister (full sized I assume) with attachments. That is not always practical as some mentioned no electrical outlets where the vac was needed.

I have a Euro pro plug in (hand Held) that will remove dirt, dust, pebbles and such as good or better than any full size I have used.  It is a pain in the arsh to beat the dust out of the cloth bag and the heppa screen bag is a bigger pain to clean.

mole

Reply #92   Aug 1, 2009 10:30 am
So how does it do on a sofa with animal hair stuck into the fabric?.Lets see you BOZO'S get around this one.

How come most of the dyson reviews always end with its worth every penny i paid for it?

MOLE

HARDSELL

Reply #93   Aug 1, 2009 10:36 am
mole wrote:
So how does it do on a sofa with animal hair stuck into the fabric?.Lets see you BOZO'S get around this one.

How come most of the dyson reviews always end with its worth every penny i paid for it?

MOLE

Repeat after me.  Because they like it.  You should be aware that smart people buy and recommend what they like regardless of what others buy/suggest. I do not see how it could be any worse than using the hose on a Hoover or the hand held Oreck.

Venson

Reply #94   Aug 1, 2009 11:57 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
DIB<BR><BR>Hello Venson and hello to your alter ego...  Severus.  Who you kiddin?<BR><BR>If you compare apples to apples (performance of cordless handhelds), NOTHING COMES CLOSE to the DC31/31's performance.  Forget about price, can you name cordless handheld that outperforms this vacuum?  And Dyson owns the world wide rights or he owns the world wide exclusive.  No other competitor can touch Dyson's weight to power, the patented DDM, the patented and best packaged (small) hi/low cyclonic’s no-clogging dust separators (the DC16 is a phenomenal filtering machine), the patented pistol grip.  Pistol grips are standards in the construction and DIY industry because it's the best place to hold onto to maneuver and point.<BR><BR><BR>DIB

DIB,

Alter ego? I don't thinks so. I have no time for that kind of nonsense. Rest assured that there's only one of me -- and be glad.

Anyway, there you go ranting and raving again which to me makes any argument you raise allegedly on Dyson's behalf all the more useless as far as I am concerned.

Forget price? Heck no! The price of these Dyson doo-dads, I repeat, far surpasses the price of a decent, lightweight canister vacuum (with better suction) that I ccould use to clean out the car and do a little work at home with too. As well, a $40.00 B&D rechargeable handheld will take you just as far AND you can have a great dinner out off the money saved.

As for cleaning ability, all ten minutes of it, I am sorry but over time you have not much conviced me that you know much about cleaning in general or that you have a good understanding as to how to go about it effectively. So, pardon me if I am not prone to taking your word.

If you want to help Dyson -- do them a favor and don't.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #95   Aug 1, 2009 1:37 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
DIB

Hello Venson and hello to your alter ego...  Severus.  Who you kiddin?

DIB

DIB:

As usual you're WRONG!  Severus has a long storied history on all the vacuum forums going back years before dyson and you.  While Venson is relatively new to this Forum and here only for a few years.  You're right in one respect.  Both Severus and Venson are reasonable thinking/buying consumers of vacuums who didn't fall prey to the dyson party line, like some here did/do.  Severus goes back to the days of questioning dysons when TOM DUALCYCLONE MOTORHEAD GASKO was playing the part for dyson that you do here now: Poster child.  I suspect he'll still be here along with Venson when you and dyson are long gone. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #96   Aug 1, 2009 7:13 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

DIB

Hello DIB:

Keep up.  We're talking about hiring the best and brightest engineers from outside of dyson not inside.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #97   Aug 3, 2009 6:05 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

DIB

CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB:

Keep up.  We're talking about hiring the best and brightest engineers from outside of dyson not inside.

Carmine D.

The “best and brightest?”  What brand and model [utility patented] vacuum could be mechanically proven to be the best and brightest? 

DIB
This message was modified Aug 3, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #98   Aug 3, 2009 6:27 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
The “best and brightest?”  What brand and model [utility patented] vacuum could be mechanically proven to be the best and brightest? 

DIB

Hi DIB:

We're talking engineers here.  People not products.  But I'll answer your question in light of handhelds since we are discussing handhelds here.  Since the Youtube video by James targets the $60 B&D pivot vac [the number one choice in handheld by Consumer Reports] as the leading competition, I would vote for it at the price over yours.  I also added that HOOVER/TTI platinum handheld with accucharge, and the energy award, for $120 excels over your infamous brand. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 89 - 98 of 340Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42