Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson DC31 Handheld cleaner

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson DC31 Handheld cleaner
Original Message   Jun 25, 2009 10:06 am
In the press today:-
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23711862-details/Dyson+with+more+revs+than+F1+racer/article.do

Product details:-

• Motor goes at 106,000rpm 'three times faster than any other motor'
  • 200 watt motor
  • 65/38 air watts (switchable power??)
  • £129.99 GBP RRP, powered brush version £149.99

I think the devil will be in the other details, as we learn them. Presumably it's using the Dyson Digital motor? From the photo, the collection bin looks slightly deeper and has a more prominent release switch. It has improved max suction (DC16 has 36 air watts) so I'm presuming (nay hoping) that it can run in standard mode for more than 5mins and switch to a 'turbo' mode as needed?

I have prefectly good DC16, but I could be tempted by something with a longer run time and twice the already impresive suction for car cleaning.

Replies: 79 - 88 of 340Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson DC31 Handheld cleaner
Reply #79   Jul 31, 2009 7:38 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
I'll bet those unemployeed hoover engineers wish they had been employed by Dyson. 

How do you know they aren't?

Carmine D.

iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Reply #80   Jul 31, 2009 9:56 pm
Severus wrote:
Does the Dyson have an extension hose to allow you to get into tight spaces? While I haven't used one, the Dyson looks awkward to use in the tight spaces of a car. I much prefer a canister vacuum, preferably with a small motorized brush. It would seem that the Dyson would get heavy since all of the weight is in your hands while you clean, compared to a canister vac in which you only hold the hose and/or tools. </p><p>Instead of a toy handheld, give us a small canister/shop vac with cyclone technology for $100 to clean out the car.

Yes, a hose is offered for $20, as well as a cleaning kit for $60. And you can use any of the newer "snap-on" dyson attachments with the hose as well.

This message was modified Jul 31, 2009 by iMacDaddy
HARDSELL

Reply #81   Jul 31, 2009 10:00 pm
CarmineD wrote:

Carmine D.

Because the are not technical savy.  No experience beyond 40's ingenuity.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #82   Aug 1, 2009 12:18 am
CarmineD wrote:

Carmine D.

HARDSELL wrote:

James Dyson has often said he will not hire engineers from competing companies.  And why should he?  DIB

CarmineD

Reply #83   Aug 1, 2009 6:37 am
CarmineD wrote:

Carmine D.

HARDSELL wrote:

James Dyson has often said he will not hire engineers from competing companies.  And why should he?  DIB

*****************************************************************************************************************************

You know DIB, all companies say this.  It's the party line.  None practice it.  They all hire from their competition.  In fact it's viewed as a victory to hire away the competition's best and brightest.  James is no different.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #84   Aug 1, 2009 7:27 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Hoover did not last long as competition.  Dyson busted em.
HARDSELL

Reply #85   Aug 1, 2009 7:29 am
CarmineD wrote:

*****************************************************************************************************************************

You know DIB, all companies say this.  It's the party line.  None practice it.  They all hire from their competition.  In fact it's viewed as a victory to hire away the competition's best and brightest.  James is no different.

Carmine D.

Bright Hoover engineer is an oxymoron.  Like I said James did not want them as the had nothing to offer.
CarmineD

Reply #86   Aug 1, 2009 7:35 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Bright Hoover engineer is an oxymoron.  Like I said James did not want them as the had nothing to offer.

You're right.  If talent and experience and knowledge are viewed as nothing to offer, it's understandable that dyson sells a toy handheld with 6 minute charge for close to $300 and thinks it's innovative.  As the reviews said: Pricey, small bin, short battery charge.  What part of this is innovative beside the price? 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #87   Aug 1, 2009 8:48 am
CarmineD wrote:
You're right.  If talent and experience and knowledge are viewed as nothing to offer, it's understandable that dyson sells a toy handheld with 6 minute charge for close to $300 and thinks it's innovative.  As the reviews said: Pricey, small bin, short battery charge.  What part of this is innovative beside the price? 

Carmine D.

The 6 minute run time.  May be a first in the industry. 

Or does it only take 6 minutes to charge vs hrs. to charge?

CarmineD

Reply #88   Aug 1, 2009 8:51 am
HARDSELL wrote:
The 6 minute run time.  May be a first in the industry. 

Or does it only take 6 minutes to charge vs hrs. to charge?

For $300, you're right!  Remember even in low suction mode it's approximate 10 minute time is shorter than the less expensive handhelds on the market today.  Sorry, doesn't get the prize except for highest price.

Carmine D.

Replies: 79 - 88 of 340Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42