Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson DC31 Handheld cleaner

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson DC31 Handheld cleaner
Original Message   Jun 25, 2009 10:06 am
In the press today:-
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23711862-details/Dyson+with+more+revs+than+F1+racer/article.do

Product details:-

• Motor goes at 106,000rpm 'three times faster than any other motor'
  • 200 watt motor
  • 65/38 air watts (switchable power??)
  • £129.99 GBP RRP, powered brush version £149.99

I think the devil will be in the other details, as we learn them. Presumably it's using the Dyson Digital motor? From the photo, the collection bin looks slightly deeper and has a more prominent release switch. It has improved max suction (DC16 has 36 air watts) so I'm presuming (nay hoping) that it can run in standard mode for more than 5mins and switch to a 'turbo' mode as needed?

I have prefectly good DC16, but I could be tempted by something with a longer run time and twice the already impresive suction for car cleaning.

Replies: 69 - 78 of 340Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: Dyson DC31 Handheld cleaner
Reply #69   Jul 30, 2009 3:10 pm
The DC31 gets a nice write-up.  > http://www.igizmo.co.uk/articles/reviews/1652-lifestyle-dyson-dc31
This message was modified Jul 30, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #70   Jul 30, 2009 5:41 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

As usual you read with dyson color glasses.  The article points out all the same cons mentioned here aleady that rattled you up when posted:  Bin capacity, battery life and price.  "Only" as in 6 minutes with full power is not a "nice" feature, it's a big bad negative.  What's that about advising others to take a reading comprehension course?  Maybe you should too!  Like I say: Remove the timber from your eye before you criticize the splinter in your neighbor's eye.

Carmine D. 

DysonInventsBig

Reply #71   Jul 30, 2009 7:45 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
CarmineD wrote:
As usual you read with dyson color glasses.  The article points out all the same cons mentioned here aleady that rattled you up when posted:  Bin capacity, battery life and price.  "Only" as in 6 minutes with full power is not a "nice" feature, it's a big bad negative.  What's that about advising others to take a reading comprehension course?  Maybe you should too!  Like I say: Remove the timber from your eye before you criticize the splinter in your neighbor's eye.

Carmine D. 

The DC31 was given 4 of 5 stars and the review reads...  1) "...can run at 104,000rpm and sucked like a face hugger from Aliens in our tests"2) "...but when it comes to shifting dirt speedily and efficiently the Dyson DC31 blows away the competition".  You reported the negative only and omitted the positive.  You have a credibility issue and quoting scripture can't fix it.

DIB  
This message was modified Jul 30, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

mole

Reply #72   Jul 30, 2009 10:04 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Dyson dc31= fail

Not to much innovation lately from Jimmy and the merry band of engineers.Did the cam actuator prints get stolen from  CAM DYNAMICS OR COMPETITION CAMS..The airmuscle sounds like a new slogan for the W.W.E,

Does dyson get his cords from volex????????????????

regards

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #73   Jul 31, 2009 6:36 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
The DC31 was given 4 of 5 stars and the review reads...  1) "...can run at 104,000rpm and sucked like a face hugger from Aliens in our tests"2) "...but when it comes to shifting dirt speedily and efficiently the Dyson DC31 blows away the competition".  You reported the negative only and omitted the positive.  You have a credibility issue and quoting scripture can't fix it.

DIB  

No DIB, quoting scripture, as in knowing the Word, is only half the mission.  The other half is putting it into practice in our daily lives. 

What you should have said was that this DC31 review is balanced, pointing out the good and bad.  Nice is not a good description for a new product review.  It gives the wrong impression.  After all these years here and reading my posts to you, you disappoint me just like Dave dyson.

Carmine D.

Acerone

Reply #74   Jul 31, 2009 12:55 pm
You can now register for more info on the release of the DC31 here on the US website...
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #75   Jul 31, 2009 4:15 pm
Does the Dyson have an extension hose to allow you to get into tight spaces?   While I haven't used one, the Dyson looks awkward to use in the tight spaces of a car.  I much prefer a canister vacuum, preferably with a small motorized brush.   It would seem that the Dyson would get heavy since all of the weight is in your hands while you clean, compared to a canister vac in which you only hold the hose and/or tools. 

Instead of a toy handheld, give us a small canister/shop vac with cyclone technology for $100 to clean out the car.  

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Venson

Reply #76   Jul 31, 2009 5:52 pm
<BR> Severus wrote:
Does the Dyson have an extension hose to allow you to get into tight spaces?   While I haven't used one, the Dyson looks awkward to use in the tight spaces of a car.  I much prefer a canister vacuum, preferably with a small motorized brush.   It would seem that the Dyson would get heavy since all of the weight is in your hands while you clean, compared to a canister vac in which you only hold the hose and/or tools.  &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Instead of a toy handheld, give us a small canister/shop vac with cyclone technology for $100 to clean out the car.  <BR>
<BR>

My God, Severus what do you want? A practical machine? Something that might appear to be worth the money asked; tne price of a fairly decent straight suction canister vacuum? Those guys just don't think that way. They like hanging out on the lunatic about a pint-sized battery run machine that has what the whole world needs -- "cyclonics". I wish I was on whatever they're on.

Best,

Venson
This message was modified Jul 31, 2009 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #77   Jul 31, 2009 7:00 pm
Venson wrote:
<BR> <BR>

My God, Severus what do you want? A practical machine? Something that might appear to be worth the money asked; tne price of a fairly decent straight suction canister vacuum? Those guys just don't think that way. They like hanging out on the lunatic about a pint-sized battery run machine that has what the whole world needs -- "cyclonics". I wish I was on whatever they're on.

Best,

Venson

Or perhaps a bagless vac-shop tupe cann with hose/attachments and a handheld side kick bagless for quick pickups in cordless and corded modes [with a cordwinder].  Now that's innvovation, not this other sugar coated dyson bull shine pawned off as high tech innovation.  Captures all the markets: garages, workshops, cars, boats, handy-men, quick cleanups around the house, etc.  For the price of the DC31, am I asking too much?  Come on dyson and your 475 high paid engineers, get creative and practical for change.  You might actually get a mega winner for real.  Not just in the minds and eyes of your paid product pushers.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #78   Jul 31, 2009 7:20 pm
CarmineD wrote:

Or perhaps a bagless vac-shop tupe cann with hose/attachments and a handheld side kick bagless for quick pickups in cordless and corded modes [with a cordwinder].  Now that's innvovation, not this other sugar coated dyson bull shine pawned off as high tech innovation.  Captures all the markets: garages, workshops, cars, boats, handy-men, quick cleanups around the house, etc.  For the price of the DC31, am I asking too much?  Come on dyson and your 475 high paid engineers, get creative and practical for change.  You might actually get a mega winner for real.  Not just in the minds and eyes of your paid product pushers.

Carmine D.

I'll bet those unemployeed hoover engineers wish they had been employed by Dyson. 
Replies: 69 - 78 of 340Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42