Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson DC31 Handheld cleaner

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson DC31 Handheld cleaner
Original Message   Jun 25, 2009 10:06 am
In the press today:-
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23711862-details/Dyson+with+more+revs+than+F1+racer/article.do

Product details:-

• Motor goes at 106,000rpm 'three times faster than any other motor'
  • 200 watt motor
  • 65/38 air watts (switchable power??)
  • £129.99 GBP RRP, powered brush version £149.99

I think the devil will be in the other details, as we learn them. Presumably it's using the Dyson Digital motor? From the photo, the collection bin looks slightly deeper and has a more prominent release switch. It has improved max suction (DC16 has 36 air watts) so I'm presuming (nay hoping) that it can run in standard mode for more than 5mins and switch to a 'turbo' mode as needed?

I have prefectly good DC16, but I could be tempted by something with a longer run time and twice the already impresive suction for car cleaning.

Replies: 139 - 148 of 340Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: Dyson DC31 Handheld cleaner
Reply #139   Aug 4, 2009 11:53 am
CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

The person with their nose in the part of Sir James anatomy where the sun never shines, shouldn't comment on others' noses and where they are.

I keep telling you:  Before you criticize the splinter in your neighbor's eye, remove the timber from your own.

Where's your proof now DIB?  Can't  back up your words can you?

Carmine D.

I’m fine with Mike’s explanation, no one lost face, not even me.  Like I said, you've got nose trouble.

DIB
This message was modified Aug 4, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #140   Aug 4, 2009 1:24 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
I’m fine with Mike’s explanation, no one lost face, not even me.  Like I said, you've got nose trouble.

DIB

Actually DIB, as I explained here on several occasions, I have an extra keen sense of smell.  Fragrance and perfume counters are my forte.  Then again you can't smell the wondrous fragrances in nature if you have your nose so far up a part of James' anatomy where the sun never shines.

While you may think you haven't lost face, you bit off your nose to spite your face.  You have falsely accused two of the most honorable gentlemen posters here on the Forum: Venson and Severus.  When they challenged you, you cowered like a scared chicken and ran to the Forum administrator for assistance.  Then given the proof that you were wrong did not do the right thing by apologizing for your errors.  Even worse than being a dyson pawn here is to have no scruples and integrity in the exercise of your pawn duties.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #141   Aug 4, 2009 2:09 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
You remove all doubt daily.  

Intelligence and wisdom have a way of coming through even on Forums.  Thank you for noting and saying!

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #142   Aug 4, 2009 2:19 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Actually DIB, as I explained here on several occasions, I have an extra keen sense of smell.  Fragrance and perfume counters are my forte.  Then again you can't smell the wondrous fragrances in nature if you have your nose so far up a part of James' anatomy where the sun never shines.

While you may think you haven't lost face, you bit off your nose to spite your face.  You have falsely accused two of the most honorable gentlemen posters here on the Forum: Venson and Severus.  When they challenged you, you cowered like a scared chicken and ran to the Forum administrator for assistance.  Then given the proof that you were wrong did not do the right thing by apologizing for your errors.  Even worse than being a dyson pawn here is to have no scruples and integrity in the exercise of your pawn duties.

Carmine D.

Says you.

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #143   Aug 4, 2009 2:28 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Says you.

DIB

That's right.  Says me.  Unlike you here, I speak for myself not Sir James.  And I call it like it is.  DC31 for $250-$300 not counting a $60 set of attachments is an insult to the handhelds of the vacuum industry today.  I suspect the only ones ever to get sold will be the ones that gifted away to dyson pawns and then resold for a fraction of the price in the after market sales.  What do you think?  Never mind.  Don't answer.  You'll give the dyson party line: sugar coated bull shine.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Aug 4, 2009 by CarmineD
retardturtle1

Reply #144   Aug 5, 2009 7:16 pm
CarmineD wrote:
That's right.  Says me.  Unlike you here, I speak for myself not Sir James.  And I call it like it is.  DC31 for $250-$300 not counting a $60 set of attachments is an insult to the handhelds of the vacuum industry today.  I suspect the only ones ever to get sold will be the ones that gifted away to dyson pawns and then resold for a fraction of the price in the after market sales.  What do you think?  Never mind.  Don't answer.  You'll give the dyson party line: sugar coated bull shine.

Carmine D.

HI CARMINE

Does dyson have any plans at all  for a cord...detachable? i saw a demo today of it on you tube.....no way -no how  thats  $300 worth  of  vacuum .

to me i see no more power than in the little shark hand vac ...$25,  poss even a riccar gem.$30......w/attatchments and cord ...besides the ddm..

where does this h-vac excell beyond belief to justify the price.....thats half the price of his uprights.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #145   Aug 5, 2009 7:26 pm
CarmineD wrote:

Carmine D.

retardturtle1 wrote:
HI CARMINE

Does dyson have any plans at all  for a cord...detachable? i saw a demo today of it on you tube.....no way -no how  thats  $300 worth  of  vacuum .

to me i see no more power than in the little shark hand vac ...$25,  poss even a riccar gem.$30......w/attatchments and cord ...besides the ddm..

where does this h-vac excell beyond belief to justify the price.....thats half the price of his uprights.

Retardturtle,

Don’t think all think like you do, or have the financial constraints or financial beliefs you do.  There’s plenty who want the best and can easily afford or justify paying for something RADICALLY BETTER THAN ANYTHING in its [cordless handled/no loss of suction] class.

DIB
This message was modified Aug 5, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #146   Aug 6, 2009 12:03 am
So DIB,

How many Dyson hand helds do you plan to buy?  Will you be handing them out as Christmas presents this year?

As an aside, I wonder who actually buys most hand held vacuums.  Dirt Devil typically does heavy advertising at Christmas.    I suspect that most are purchased as gifts.  You need a gift for someone who seems to have everything, so you buy something like a hand held vacuum for $25-$75, the cheaper the better. 

If you already own a Dyson, you have  a vacuum with better suction and  tools  than a little hand vac.  In fact, Dyson seems to pride itself on having nice attachments.   You've got to be a real Dyson enthusiast to buy a hand held Dyson.  I suspect that you'd have to have much more money than sense to buy one.  Again, these Dysons are designed as pieces of art to be put in a display case.  Sales will be dismal given the current economic conditions. 

I hope that James can count on DIB to boost his sales of Dyson hand vacs this Christmas.  Otherwise it will be a very blue Christmas at the Dyson house.

DysonInventsBig wrote:
Retardturtle,

Don’t think all think like you do, or have the financial constraints or financial beliefs you do.  There’s plenty who want the best and can easily afford or justify paying for something RADICALLY BETTER THAN ANYTHING in its [cordless handled/no loss of suction] class.

DIB

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #147   Aug 6, 2009 3:17 am
Hello turtle1 & Severus:

I agree with you.  James is in a fantasy land not the real world.

For a supposed loyal dyson advocate here who purchased one and only display dyson, a DC15, years ago from BEST BUY for $300 on clearance, I can't/don't see DIB giving many $300 dyson handhelds as Christmas gifts, even to himself.  The only way he'd get one is to talk it up here and hope/pray that James/dyson gifts him one for his efforts.

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #148   Aug 6, 2009 3:20 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Retardturtle,

DIB

DIB

i see your point..but just cause you paid top dollar doesnt mean your getting top dollar...  it just means they found a group of people to pay that high price... Financial constraints....we all have them in some way or another ,well [most of us]do.,...say you pay $600 for certain product....i pay $150 for  one that lasts just as long-just as durable-same or better perf...at a fraction of the cost.....best bang for the buck.  you paid more  but didnt get more....my financial beliefs are simple. i believe id rather put my money in the bank and save for the future  , shop smarter.....and not overspend....a little [ self ] financial constraint  goes a long way in todays economy.

turtle1

Replies: 139 - 148 of 340Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42