Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back
Original Message   Jan 17, 2008 3:54 pm
Replies: 526 - 535 of 535Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back
Reply #526   May 31, 2009 9:09 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Carmine, I have never thought you to be stupid.  I am now having doubts.  My point is simple.  Dyson is not the only brand who has had or will have defects. One minute you claim Hoover is alive the next you say it is owned by someone else.  Hoover as Hoover is dead.  Dyson probably has a RIP Hoover head stone out back since they put them down.  If you have inside info please share with us.  I am not aware of Dyson being sold nor declaring bankruptcy.  There are many in Canton who can tell you that Hoover no longer provides them a living.  WHO IS LIVING IN THE PAST?

This all started when I stated that Dyson seems to be taking the path of Hoover.  Too many models being introduced with no beneficial improvements.  Dyson IMO should have kept the DC07.  Like any other vacuum, it was not for everyone. I would have liked a manual height adjust but would rather have brush off switch if could not have both. They could have another model w/o clutch to fit the needs of those who have odd carpets and pets with sensitive hearing.  They may not be able to satisfy cantankerous old poops with anything.

HARDSELL:  I have no doubts about you.  You're stuck in a dyson rut.  HOOVER, as in the BOSS, is dead.  The company has lived for over one hundred years and still.  A good part of which was under the tutelage of non-HOOVER family members, like MAYTAG, Whirlpool and now TTI.  Things never stay the same.  Not for HOOVER, not for other companies.  We live in a dynamic business world with changing economies and consumers.  HOOVER weathered all the changing times.  I can't say the same for your favorite company.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #527   May 31, 2009 9:19 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Dyson IMO should have kept the DC07.  Like any other vacuum, it was not for everyone. I would have liked a manual height adjust but would rather have brush off switch if could not have both. They could have another model w/o clutch to fit the needs of those who have odd carpets and pets with sensitive hearing.  They may not be able to satisfy cantankerous old poops with anything.

If these are your requirements in an upright:  Manual rug height adjustment, brush on off, no clutch, then I have good news for you.  All the big box retailers offer these vacuums in a variety of brands, models and prices[as low as $70] AND in either bag or bagless depending on your preference.   Dyson on the other hand offers just one model with your requirements and its the latest DC28.  Price I believe is $599.  How many will you buy as well as others in the current times?  Niche seller, at best.  Obsolete more likely.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #528   May 31, 2009 9:55 am
CarmineD wrote:
If these are your requirements in an upright:  Manual rug height adjustment, brush on off, no clutch, then I have good news for you.  All the big box retailers offer these vacuums in a variety of brands, models and prices[as low as $70] AND in either bag or bagless depending on your preference.   Dyson on the other hand offers just one model with your requirements and its the latest DC28.  Price I believe is $599.  How many will you buy as well as others in the current times?  Niche seller, at best.  Obsolete more likely.

Carmine D.

Did I forget to mention that I also like a vacuum that will deep clean carpet, clean hard surface floors rather than blow the debris away, have strong suction through the hose.  Those other brands just can't do those things in my home.
mole

Reply #529   May 31, 2009 11:09 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Mole, is Dyson the only brand that has problems?  Likely not since you almost gave up on the fix.  I bet that you can repair those other brands with a low E.T. since you have to repair so many.

Hi H.S. of course sooner or later all mechanical/electrical devices require service and repair,In my professional opionion the problems crop up after 1 or 2 years of use,[depending on the amount of useage] sometimes sooner,

Im finding in these tuff economic times that repairs and service are a big factor in peoples buying habits,as of lately were getting more and more of can i get this fixed and not end up without my machine for 3 or 6 months?Can i get bags and filters without waiting 3 weeks? Trust me my friend some high end companies are in big trouble with parts and service distribution, Im not pumping up ORECK but as far as customer service and locations they are the epitone in that department.

As for dyson there not even in the same league as the others that compete in the high end upright market.I will say this they have been here going on 6 years and service centers at least in my area are non existent.

So i have to ask the question whats going on are they going to be a PLAYA or not.

regards

MOLE

CarmineD

Reply #530   May 31, 2009 4:13 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Did I forget to mention that I also like a vacuum that will deep clean carpet, clean hard surface floors rather than blow the debris away, have strong suction through the hose.  Those other brands just can't do those things in my home.

Again, HARDSELL I have great news for you.  All the above vacuums that are routinely sold in all the big box retailers with the manual rug height adjustments, brush roll on/off switch, and no idiotic clutch, in bagged or bagless versions for as little as $70 will also meet your above requirements.  But, here's the bad news.  You have to plug them in and turn on the power switch.  Most vacuum brand makers take it for granted that buyers know this, so they don't specifically list these instructions in the User Manuals.  That's really all you need to do.

Your comparison of dyson clutch and ball defects to the HOOVER WT switch failures falls way short too, HS.  The HOOVER WT, a signature model for THE HOOVER company, has been in production since 1998.   It sold well over 1 MILLION units in the USA in its first year of sales and every year since.  A recall for a faulty batch of outsourced switches is not indicative of a major product defect.  Dyson has never had any model in production even remotely close to 10 years.  All its models in total in all its markets globally since its start, even with the 5170 prototypes, are not even a close second to the number of WT sales.  And, its likely they never will.  Dyson is mainstream?  Only in the brainwashed minds of its supporters.   

Carmine D. 

This message was modified May 31, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #531   May 31, 2009 4:54 pm
HARDSELL wrote:

HARDSELL, in the past you have trashed ORECK, HOOVER WT and EUREKA Boss Smart vac for falling short in your home in these areas.  I have used all 3 of these and they all do a yeoman's job at deep cleaning my carpets, cleaning ceramic tile floors, and tool usage, save the ORECK, which in case you don't know or don't realize, doesn't come with tools on board.  AND Consumer Reports and the Carpet and Rug Institute praise these models CONSISTENTLY year after year.

Contrarily, I have bought and tried to use a DC07 pink in my home and couldn't.  At $399 it was more expensive than my ORECK, which cost me $150 NEW, the HOOVER WT which cost me $150 NEW, and the EUREKA BOSS which cost me $150 NEW.  No vacuum is the best for everyone, but I have 3 specific models that you panned here consistently that work great in my home and one that you praise highly that stunk.  Your credibility here with me is zilch.  Obviously, Consumer Reports and the Rug and Carpet Institute, which you impugn, are right on with all these 4 models and my experience.  

Did you ever stop to think that you can/may be WRONG?  And these 3 brands and the experts and opinions about them are right?  Not a chance, right?  Why?  Like I said, your favorite company [right or wrong] up to the very end, which may be closer than you realize.

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 31, 2009 by CarmineD
vacmanuk

Reply #532   May 31, 2009 7:13 pm
Sorry to interrupt you guys on this forum.

Having noted a few of the discussions on here and perhaps its been mentioned before but Ive gone through 3 Dysons and I can't say (even though I'm British) that they are the best on the market for build quality. However the point of Dyson is that he will never launch an upright vacuum that will have manual adjustments for floors. The whole idea of a vacuum in principle with added wheels actually adjusts automatically to floors anyway but the Dyson suction principle thanks to those cyclones means that despite having no adjustment necessary, everything from the floor will be sucked up and put into the bin. With that patent on board there is no need for a manual adjustment and in terms of Dyson, the need to put mechanical adjustment means something else that needs to be sorted out when it breaks. Simplicity is the key and each new upright that Dyson launches tries to be better than before. I've tried the DC24 and I'm very impressed with it even though I'm not that happy with the way its been built in terms of the back wheels. I still struggled to get under low furniture with it and found that the ball gets in the way. Over my Sebo Felix which is smaller than the baby DC24, it may well use a bag but its a lot easier to manage for day to day pick up.

Model2

~ It Beats...as it Sweeps...as it Cleans ~

Reply #533   May 31, 2009 7:32 pm
vacmanuk wrote:

Having noted a few of the discussions on here and perhaps its been mentioned before but Ive gone through 3 Dysons and I can't say (even though I'm British) that they are the best on the market for build quality. However the point of Dyson is that he will never launch an upright vacuum that will have manual adjustments for floors. The whole idea of a vacuum in principle with added wheels actually adjusts automatically to floors anyway but the Dyson suction principle thanks to those cyclones means that despite having no adjustment necessary, everything from the floor will be sucked up and put into the bin. With that patent on board there is no need for a manual adjustment and in terms of Dyson, the need to put mechanical adjustment means something else that needs to be sorted out when it breaks. Simplicity is the key and each new upright that Dyson launches tries to be better than before. I've tried the DC24 and I'm very impressed with it even though I'm not that happy with the way its been built in terms of the back wheels. I still struggled to get under low furniture with it and found that the ball gets in the way. Over my Sebo Felix which is smaller than the baby DC24, it may well use a bag but its a lot easier to manage for day to day pick up.

Hi Ryan, have you not seen the DC28 yet? Manual height control...and a system far more complex and - potentially - likely to go wrong than a simple 4-wheels-and-a-slider set-up! Possibly more effective too, although that remains to be seen...
This message was modified May 31, 2009 by Model2

~ However Clean - Hoover Cleaner ~
CarmineD

Reply #534   Jun 1, 2009 7:21 am
vacmanuk wrote:

Glad to hear from you.  Thanks for the forthright and honest broker assessments of dysons models.  My son-in-law spent several years in the UK playing pro basketball and became familiar with dysons before they launched in the USA.  His assessments, a consumer user of vacuums only, are similar to many of yours, including the adjustments. 

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #535   Jun 1, 2009 9:40 am
Hi guys thanks for the welcome. I'm also a Guide at a certain review site company too. Anyway I just called Dyson UK. They can confirm that they will have a new Dyson out although it was due in May it has now been pushed forward to June or July. The model will be called the DC27 as opposed to 28 and it has a few features which is different to the Ball series. I can see why Dyson have finally tried to nudge forward with older settings - for a start it doesn't have a Ball, no swivel function and it has a normal fixed wheel sole plate. It mirrors the DC16 on dust capacity and has a slimmer flatter floor head. This will have been done possibly in response to a myriad of uprights that slimmer floor heads such as Sebo's Felix/X series and others. The DC27 will also have a clear inspection roller bar and a beater roll bar to meet the carpet only - whilst this may well be a manual setting in itself I'm not quite sure.
This message was modified Jun 1, 2009 by vacmanuk
Replies: 526 - 535 of 535Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42