Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > New UK Hoover ranges at www.argos.co.uk

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trilobite

New UK Hoover ranges at www.argos.co.uk
Original Message   Aug 4, 2008 3:49 pm
The 'Freedom' and 'Slalom' uprights, and the 'Xarion' cylinder cleaner. All employ 'Airvolution' technology.

You'll have to wander about the Argos site yourselves, as I can't be bothered battling with the silly formatting of pictures on this forum, and the website linking didn't work either.

Replies: 58 - 67 of 116Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: New UK Hoover ranges at www.argos.co.uk
Reply #58   Sep 12, 2008 8:45 pm
Hi Trilo,

I'm impressed that they stuck out their necks regarding the 97% separation claim.  I wish them well.

Best,

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #59   Sep 13, 2008 6:43 am
I enjoyed the play on the name HOOVER and 100 years.  Very clever and eye catching marketing with a definite point which it makes very well.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Sep 13, 2008 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #60   Oct 2, 2008 6:52 pm
Hi,

Here's a link to an October 1st article announcing a TV ad that "unveils" the Hoover Air-Volution series.

http://iclanarkshire.icnetwork.co.uk/reformer/news//tm_headline=new-lines-launch&method=full&objectid=21932579&siteid=50144-name_page.html

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #61   Oct 3, 2008 7:11 am
Thanks Venson,

HOOVER UK is right to promote these aggressively.  I suspect they will be very huge sellers among cost conscious vacuum buyers on a budget.  May even catapult HOOVER UK vacuum sales to the lead and ahead of others.

Would anyone care to explain the physics of Air-Volution!  Let's see:  Is it Cyclonic and/or Centrifugal?  Maybe it's a Wind Tunnel?  None of the above?  Shucks, scrub the terms.  Does it pick up household dirt on all surfaces quickly and easily with no fuss and no bother so their users can get on with their daily lives?  Now, IMHO that's the real test of vacuums' success not just words/terms that change with time and usage. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 3, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #62   Oct 3, 2008 8:09 am
CarmineD wrote:
Thanks Venson,

HOOVER UK is right to promote these aggressively.  I suspect they will be very huge sellers among cost conscious vacuum buyers on a budget.  May even catapult HOOVER UK vacuum sales to the lead and ahead of others.

Would anyone care to explain the physics of Air-Volution!  Let's see:  Is it Cyclonic and/or Centrifugal?  Maybe it's a Wind Tunnel?  None of the above?  Shucks, scrub the terms.  Does it pick up household dirt on all surfaces quickly and easily with no fuss and no bother so their users can get on with their daily lives?  Now that's the real test not just words. 

Carmine D.

The real test will be:  CAN IT PICK UP BAKING SODA ON A HARD SURFACE. 

Have a great day Mr. C.

mole

Reply #63   Oct 3, 2008 9:17 am
HARDSELL wrote:
The real test will be:  CAN IT PICK UP BAKING SODA ON A HARD SURFACE. 

Have a great day Mr. C.

H.S. you make my day.

To quote a friend of mine in the business,do you really care how it does it as long as its does?

And do i have to really go through a big long story that doesnt mean anything?

I am somewhat of a bullxxxxxxx myself but will take the time out to listen to a real professional, please carry on.........

have a nice day Mr D.O.E.

MOLE

This message was modified Oct 4, 2008 by a moderator
Venson

Reply #64   Oct 3, 2008 10:54 am
CarmineD wrote:
. . . Does it pick up household dirt on all surfaces quickly and easily with no fuss and no bother so their users can get on with their daily lives?  Now, IMHO that's the real test of vacuums' success not just words/terms that change with time and usage. 

Carmine D.

Thanks Carmine.

Venson

Trilobite

Reply #65   Oct 4, 2008 4:49 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Thanks Venson,

Would anyone care to explain the physics of Air-Volution!  Let's see:  Is it Cyclonic and/or Centrifugal?  Maybe it's a Wind Tunnel?  None of the above?  Shucks, scrub the terms.  Does it pick up household dirt on all surfaces quickly and easily with no fuss and no bother so their users can get on with their daily lives?  Now, IMHO that's the real test of vacuums' success not just words/terms that change with time and usage. 

Carmine D.

The principle is similar to Dyson's Root Cyclone Technology, but instead of five or seven small cyclones (as on the Dyson uprights) or the ten or twelve as fitted to the Dyson cylinders, there are twelve small cyclones fitted to both the Hoover uprights and cylinders.

The Hoover blurb mentions something about balanced airflow, and seems to show the rising airflow being split into two streams to feed two small cyclones. I presume that the airflow is divided up before it gets anywhere near the small cyclones. Maybe there are six main airflows that are then each split two ways. Who knows?

Dysons on the other hand, have a central rising airflow that is then split seven ways, or whatever number of cyclones are fitted.

p.s. 'Windtunnel Technology' cannot be used on UK Hoovers: the technology is used on the UK Vax machines.

CarmineD

Reply #66   Oct 4, 2008 7:08 pm
Thanks Trilobite for the excellent descriptions of the technology.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #67   Oct 5, 2008 1:00 pm
Hoover Candy invented nothing, although they did skirt Dyson's patents (maybe)... Look close to the Airvolutions animations (steps 2 and 3), you will see Dyson's technologies there. The high efficient filtration is almost a mirror copy of Dyson's DC08's high efficiency filtration. Not to mention the many other Dyson discoveries, Dyson firsts and/or what Dyson made popular and proved out a market... the clear bin, the fine dust collector and its location, the shroud, the bin being modular and removable, etc.

I say the high efficiency cyclones on the Airvolutions are hidden by design, because folks (especially in the UK) would realize yet again, Hoover Candy is copying.

DIB

http://www.hoover.co.uk/airvolution/
This message was modified Oct 5, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 58 - 67 of 116Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42