Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens HD vs Ariens Dealer

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
kojack

Ariens HD vs Ariens Dealer
Original Message   Aug 15, 2005 4:42 pm
Last September, I purchased an Ariens 2005 11528LE Deluxe from Home Depot.  What's the difference between the HD version  and the dealer version.  Do I really have to worry that much being in Northeastern MA. I had an Ariens 7HP before and my new one really took care of the EOD and my 24 x 64 hockey rink.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Re: Ariens HD vs Ariens Dealer
Reply #1   Aug 15, 2005 6:12 pm
Dear Kojack,
There is no difference between the two places, except that a dealer will give you better service.
Also, the dealer sells the Professional series also. known as the "DLE" series.

That is a good unit you have there........congrats!  You have now used it for one season, if you are pleased with it for your needs, enjoy!!

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #2   Aug 15, 2005 6:13 pm
The difference I know of is that dealer carries a more heavier duty model/professional model.  They have a differential, heavier construction, I believe bushings instead of bearings.  I think you'll be fine, but it will be harder to turn and maneuver. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #3   Aug 15, 2005 8:32 pm
Ajace is correct........
A 11528LE is the same anywhere you buy it.
The professional line, the DLE series, are a step up.
Key difference is the traction control drive.
Trying both, I personally prefer the DLE line, mainly because of this.   That "turn on a dime" ability is worth it's weight in gold.......but more gold it will cost ya .

That is not to put down the LE series at all.......I'm sure that for every DLE Ariens sells they sell 30 of the LE's  

Any Ariens is a good snowblower.  Congrats!

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42